Tuesday, September 16, 2008

August Newsletter

Pictures from August are here.

Tennessee Tidbits
Aug 2008

We seem to always write the newsletter for the past month halfway into the next month. So Kristen has pulled out her calendar to let me know what we did:

I had a nice trip to Denver and Salt Lake at the start of the month. I stayed with Jim Earl at Denver, attending a statistics conference by day and living the life of a bachelor with Jim and Steven Earl by night. (Jim’s family was in Salt Lake and Steven’s girlfriend was studying.) We did wild things like going to the all-you-can-eat Sushi bar and the dollar theater back-to-back nights, watching pretty much the same plot in different movies (“Ironman” and “The Hulk”). It was great. Why’d I ever get married?

After the conference I climbed 13,085-ft Keller Mountain with my friend Layne, and then flew to Salt Lake for the weekend to say goodbye to Kendrick, beat Dad in a few games of ping pong, and see the extended Eastmond family. It was a fun visit, except for the humiliation of losing a ping pong game to Cyn. Even though I was blinded with the sun in my eyes, I admit, I lost to Cyn.

Meanwhile, while I was hard at work at this conference, Kristen was just lazing around with the kids. They went to the pool, the dentist, read lots of stories, had some baths, spent half a day at our ultimate Frisbee tournament, celebrated Kristen’s birthday without me, and had lots of primary meetings.

When I finally returned, August 11 (our In-Between Day), we celebrated Kristen’s birthday. She got “Settlers of Catan” (thanks Mom Shepherd who let me pick out a gift for Kristen and then paid for it). The next day we celebrated my birthday. I got “Settlers of Catan” from Kristen. Great minds think alike. Anyone want a “Settlers of Catan” game?

We also had a nice family trip to the Williamson County Fair. Sienna and I rode the Ferris wheel, we enjoyed looking at the animals, and we got to see several hog races. That was great. Ashley now sits like a pro and has two teeth.

Hope your month was great. Love,

Bryan, Kristen, Sienna, Colby, and Ashley

2 comments:

Kristen said...

it's great to hear what you guys have been up to. Next time you find yourself in Salt Lake, we'd love to meet up and say hi! :)

Marisa May said...

That's a fun game! We just got the extension so we can play with more people.
Miss you guys! Coming back to the northwest any time soon?