Friday, August 14, 2009

Washington DC

We've been on vacation! Only for a week, although it's been a lot longer since I've posted. We drove to Washington, D.C. for Bryan to attend a conference, to visit his brother Nathan and fiancee Michelle, and to do a little sightseeing. Here are some picture highlights:

Day 1: White House tour, Natural History Museum, a lot of walking.







Day 2: Visiting the beautiful Washington DC temple with Bryan's brother, Nathan, helping Michelle move to a new place, visiting the Mall at night, a lot of walking.





Day 3: Church, George Mason home (near Mt. Vernon) with engagement photos of Nathan & Michelle, Great Falls National Park, a lot of walking.





Day 4: National Zoo, Conference for Bryan, Swimming in the hotel, Games with Nathan & Michelle, a lot of walking.



Day 5: Storytime, Building Museum (kids play area), Portrait Museum, Conference for Bryan, Dinner with Nathan, a lot of walking.



Day 6: Rock Creek Park, Conference for Bryan, Date in Georgetown (thanks for babysitting Nathan & Michelle), a lot of walking.



Day 7: Capitol Building tour, Museum of Air & Space, National Archives, Top of Washington Monument, Iwo Jima Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, a lot of walking.












It was a great trip. But I think the kids are glad to be through with the walking.



To see more pictures, visit
Washington DC Trip

5 comments:

Kristen said...

ah, my old stomping grounds! My heart is all aflutter with homesickness. And I am terribly jealous - but it looks like a lot of fun. Great Falls is one of my favorite places on earth. We went rappelling down a cliff there in Young Women's. Anyway - I have too many memories in these places to even begin (I was born and raised in Northern VA, in case you didn't know).
Anyway - thanks for the great photos, and I'll try not to be too bitter in my jealousy. :)

Stephanie said...

McKay said he met you guys at JSM. I told him I need to come with him to Vancouver next year. Fun...fun!

Letterpress said...

Fabulous write-up esp. the walking part. The Geo Mason home is one of my favorites; I can't believe how much ground you guys covered! I miss DC a lot, and love reading about it in vacation posts--thanks!

Elizabeth E.

The Knoebels said...

So did you have fun - or was it just a lot of walking?

antimony said...

That's a lot of stuff to fit amongst all the walking. Sounds like a lot of fun too though - I've always wanted to go to DC!