Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ouch!

What happens when a baby falls out a window?



Answer...


Awful isn't it? Wouldn't you feel terrible if you were this baby's mother? We've been using windows to cool our house during this nice in-between time of heater and AC. The window has a window seat, and Ashley doesn't play there very often. So I didn't even think of it when she was playing there Thursday, while I was a few feet away in the kitchen. I could hear her talking and babbling, then all of a sudden it was distant crying and screaming. She had pushed through the screen while leaning on it. I made a mad dash outside to rescue her.

This was the next day.


So much for the cute pictures of the previous post, eh? We're very, very grateful that it wasn't worse than it is. Heavens knows it could have been! But she has rebounded well and acts her normal, happy self. She's just a fright to look at. And every time someone asks "what happened?" I have to feel guilty all over again telling them, "Yes, my child fell out the window."

Now I'm praying it will all heal nicely without scars we can post cute pictures again!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm always terrified of my kids doing that. I'll have to be more vigilant, and make sure the windows aren't open wide enough for them to fit through. Glad she's okay.