Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hooray for Us!

Bryan and I recently completed some long term projects that we are quite proud of. Bryan did an oil painting of Sienna, Italy. He started it in October of last year.

Pretty amazing, eh?

And I've been working on decorating Sienna and Colby's room. When Colby moved in with Sienna I wanted to do something gender neutral. I started in February. Nine months, one baby, 3 quilts, 4 pillow-cases, and a window valence later, I'm finally finished. Here's some before and after pictures.

Before:

After:
(Of course fireman and fairy are the best decorations)
Colby actually prefers his "Rhino blanket" that Grandma Shepherd made (see before pictures). I do also. In fact making the toddler size quilt wasn't really necessary, since all of Grandma's toddler quilts are much cuter.

Now, any suggestions on what do do with the shelf above the closet? I'm not partial to Bryan's idea of the kids' foam letters. But I don't want to spend a bunch of time or money.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

wow - congrats to both of you! Pretty impressive stuff.

Ruth said...

What a fun kids' room! You've done a great job.
And how come I never knew Bryan was an artist? The painting is great! And it looks perfect where you put it.

Pamela said...

The room looks great. Here are a few ides for the shelf:

Get a few classic books at a used book store and display them

Get some wood letters and paint them to coordinate with the room colors. You could spell their names or CTR and put a picture of the prophet.

Display a few toys and photo frames

You can paint inexpensive wood frames and put scripture story pictures in them

My son has a cool train and each of the cars is a letter of his name with an engine on front and a caboose on back. You can find them online

Jeannie said...

What great accomplishments! Both are quite impressive.

P.S. I didn't know Sienna had the same thing as Warren. So sorry to hear that! I am clinging to the hope that he'll out grow it. I hope she does, too!