Monday, April 28, 2008

Run, Bryan, Run!

This weekend was the Country Music Marathon and 1/2 Marathon, where 30,000 runners and 100,000 spectators swarm downtown Nashville. Bryan ran in the 1/2 marathon and finished in 1 hour 35 minutes. He was 338th place. Not bad, considering around 21,000 people finished the 1/2 marathon! Way to go Bryan!

I wanted to go downtown to see all the festivities. But on Friday night Sienna started getting sick with a cough, sore throat, headache, and eventually she threw up. So I decided to stay home with the kids. She even ruined a date night we had planned for Saturday night. She's fine now, except for a lingering cough.

After Bryan got home from his race I rushed out the door to go to a Stake Relief Society Enrichment Meeting. When I came home I found the tent set up in the family room! Bryan really wanted to rest after his race, but the kids really wanted to play with him. So they compromised. They were "Princess Camping".

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Good job Bryan! Wow, I am impressed. On a good day, I can jog to the end of the block, but not back.:)
Tayson is recovering from a nasty cold, so I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the half-marathon! And I love the "princess camping" idea. Although, I don't think Grace would fall for it.

Kerilee Law said...

Way to go Bryan. Having just completed my 5K (sounds pretty pitiful next to a 1/2 marathon) I give you extra kudos.